AND LIFE GOES ON...


Life goes on...pretty much as usual.. still on my diet...(sigh) ..with occasional lapses (ummm..okay...not occasional...make that every two days...but what can I do when that choclate cake grins wickedly at me?)
hmmm..then, I started going for yoga...the day after i started, the instructor informed us that she would be on a vacation for the next one week, so please come back in a week's time....boohooo...think of my state..I had stretched all my muscles and my whole body was a mass of aches , which might have eased of if I had been able to continue uninterrupted...but now...
I could do it at home..no?Ugh..don't get me started on that story...The minute I change into my sweats and roll out my yoga mat, someone will ring the doorbell or the phone starts ringing. Sheesh!I think the whole world is in on this conspiracy to not let me slim down!!
One motivation for me to lose a few kilograms is this....the other day, me eldest,Junaid was sitting and watching me get all dressed up to go for a party, and I asked him.."why so quiet?what are you thinking da?" and he replied.."Umma, you look so beautiful when you get dressed like that...but you need to be a bit more thin..that would make you so glamorous!"OOOf!Out of the mouths of babes....what words come tripping out!glamour, indeed!Then I decide...if not fo me, let me do this for him....so here's to you , my darling junu...let's see if you can motivate me to lose afew kilos!~

Today, I'm posting this easy recipe for American chopsuey...an instant hit with the young and old alike..I must say that it's one of my star creations...it looks so colorful!!

AMERICAN CHOPSUEY

Ingredients:

noodles 1/2 packet
Cornflour 2 tbsp
Oil to deepfry
Onion 1 chopped
Capsicum 1/2 sliced as thin strips
Carrot 1/2 sliced as thin strips
Garlic 1 tbsp chopped
Ginger a pinch
celery 1 tbsp chopped
Cabbage 2 tbsp shredded thin
Chicken 1 breast piece or
other boneless piece cut as thin strips
Water 2 cups
Ketchup 1 tbsp
Pepper 1/2 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
sugar a pinch
Ajinomoto a pinch
Egg 1

Method:

1. Boil and drain noodles. Spread on a flat surface and sprinkle 1tbsp of the cornflour onto the noodles.

2. Deep fry in hot oil till golden in colour and crisp. Keep in an airtight box.

3. Saute all the vegetables in 2 tbsp oil. When soft, add all other ingredients except cornflour. Boil.

4. When chicken pieces are well cooked (5 minutes)add cornflour. Let it thicken a bit, then turn off heat.

5. Just before serving, fry the egg (bull's eye).

6. To serve, arrange the fried noodles on a platter, pour steaming hot sauce over this, then place th fried egg on top. Serve immediately.

Tip:
1. You could fry the noodles a day before if you want...just make sure you keep it in an airtight box, so it will still be crunchy.
2. The ajinomoto is optional,if you want, you can add half a chickenstock cube. I also add a dash of red chilli powder to make it more palatable for us Indians!

No comments:

Post a Comment