My house is filled with the lovely fragrance of baking..and it's not just any cake, it's a butterscotch cake.. So..Let's be boring today and go straight to the recipe..ok?
Butter 3/4 cup
Sugar 1 1/2 cup(powdered)
Maida 2 cups
Eggs 3 ( seperated)
Milk 1 cup
Vanilla essence 1 tsp
Sugar 2 dsp(granules)
Baking powder 2 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat oven at 175C .
2. Beat together butter and powdered sugar till fluffy and soft.
3. Seperate eggs, add the yolks to above mix one by one, beating well in between.
4. Add maida and milk alternatively, beating in between all the time.
5. Add essence and stiffly beaten egg whites . Stir well by hand.
6. Before the froth goes down, add sugar granules, mix again, and pour into greased baking tray.
7. Bake till done(about 30 minutes)Cool and pour icing on top.
Butter 1/2 cup
caramelised sugar 1 cup
milk 1/4 cup
Powdered sugar 1 cup
1. Heat butter, add caramelised sugar.
2. Mix well on low heat, then add milk. Mix.
3. Remove from heat, then add powdered sugar.
4. Pour over and spread onto the cake.
Perfect for special tea times or those chilly winter evenings ....