Another cookery class over..and it's been a long time since I blogged. This recipe is a very easy one which I normally make when it's very hot and I'm too lazy to make a complicated dessert. You could make the jelly early (it keeps for at least a week in the refrigerator )and just whip up the sauce about ten minutes before serving..
Tender Coconut Jelly with Coconut cream sauce
Tender coconut water 2 1/2 cups
China grass 1 packet(10gms)
Sugar 6 tbsp
Coconut grated 3 cups
water 1 1/2 cup
Condensed milk 1/2 tin(200gm)
1. Tear up china grass into thin strips. Soak the china grass in tendercoconut water for about ten minutes.
2. Add sugar to this, stir well, and heat .
3. Boil till the china grass is fully melted.
4. Now pour this into a shallow pie dish and leave to set in the refrigerator.
5. Blend together the coconut, water and condensed milk. Strain .
6. Add vanilla essence to this thick cream and chill.
7. The tender coconut jelly will have set within 20 minutes. Chop into small pieces .
8. Serve the jelly pieces with the cream sauce poured liberally on top.
9. Serve chilled.