RECIPE FOR A HAPPY YEAR

Take twelve complete months.
Clean them of all bitterness, hate and envy.
Cut them into 29, 30, or 31 pieces,
but do not cook them all at the same time.
Prepare one day at a time, with the following ingredients:
a pinch of patience, a pinch of courage, a pinch of work.
Add to each day one part hope, faithfulness, and kindness.
Mix well with one part prayer, one part meditation,
and one part application.
Season with a portion of good spirits, a pinch of happiness,
a little action, and a good measure of humour.
Place everything in a vessel of love.
Cook well on the flame of radiant happiness.
Garnish with a smile and serve abundantly.

Hi!! hope you all have a great year ahead..me too!!
I've prepared a long list of resolutions for myself for the coming year...want to hear?
1. Be more patient with my kids. Don't yell all the time!!
2. Start my morning walks again(I started today!!)
3. Go for yoga.
4. Diet...Diet..Diet..Lose at least 10 kgs this year..
5. Experiment more with food.
6. Learn sewing .
7. Do more crafts with the children.
8. Plant a tree every month in some public place.
9. Be more eco friendly..Stop using plastic.
10. Save water.

I think that's enough for now...let's see how I manage..eh?
Today morning..I've been whizzing around my house giving it a good cleaning and dusting. Every single corner is now squeaky clean...just waiting to start the new year all clean and clutterfree!!
Was planning to start my heavy duty diet tomorrow...and then my friend S, drops in with a blueberry cheesecake as a new year gift!!!
Sheesh!!Have ruthlessly divided the cake into portions for the kids and my old watchman(let him grow fat!!hahaha!!)and a portion for my neighbor too!!
there!!wasn't I good!!I didn't touch a single piece!!

BATTER FRIED PRAWNS

Ingredients:

500 gm prawns
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp crushed green chillies
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp maida(flour)
3 tbsp cornflour
1 egg white
a pinch of soda bicarb
a pinch of baking powder
2 tbsp Spring onion/celery finely chopped
Oil to deep fry



Method:

1. Shell and devein prawns, leaving the tails on.

2. Mix together crushed garlic, green chillies, oyster sauce, salt and pepper. Add prawns and Refrigerate for two hours.

3. Mix flour, baking powder, cornflour, whipped egg white, sodabicarb, and enough water to make a thick batter.

4. Heat oil till smoking, then put low flame.

5. Holding the prawns by the tails, dip in batter, then drop into hot oil.

6. Fry until golden, turning once. Drain. Serve hot with spring onions chopped sprinkled on top as a garnish and with shezuan sauce.


SHEZUAN SAUCE:

Mix together tomato ketchup 4 tbsp, chillisauce 2 tbsp, vinegar 1 tsp, chopped spring onions, chopped green chillies 1/2 tsp, a pinch of sugar, a pinch of salt, and a pinch of ajinomoto. Heat in a saucepan till well blended, cool, and serve with prawns.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment