A LITTLE POEM
I ran across this poem a few days back, and i thought it expressed my thoughts so truly and perfectly..
I do not want
All shining and smart
So impersonal I'll feel lost
Give me an old fashioned room
with a few odd things
and runningf water
I need no more-
Lovely, no? Short and sweet..like the recipe Im going to share with you today.
MALLU STYLE CHILLI CHICKEN
Batter: Egg 1
Cornflour 3 tbsp
Maida 5 tbsp
Chicken Boneless 500gm
Green chillies 15
Oil 4 tbsp
Chilly sauce 4 tbsp
Red colour a pinch
Salt 1 tsp
Chicken stock 2 tbsp
1. Mix batter. Add enough water to get a loose consistency ,not thick.
2. Add chicken (chopped into small pieces), and keep refrigerated for 2-3 hours
3. Fry the chicken pieces by dropping them in hot oil and keep aside.
4. Saute onion in oil, add green chillies(yes, i meant all fifteen green chillies!!)
5. Add salt, chilly sauce(green chillisauce), and saute again for 5 minutes on low flame.
6. Add the chicken pieces .Mix well.
7. Mix red food colour with stock, then pour onto chicken pieces. Stir for a minute, then turn off heat.
1. The chillichicken above is a dry recipe. If you want gravy, add 6-8 tbsp of chicken stock.
2. Use with paratha, chapathi as well as fried rice, noodles etc.
3. If you want, you can do the first 3 steps earlier, and do the rest of the method abt 20 minutes before serving. The pieces won't be too soggy then.