LEFTOVER MAGIC!

Yesterday we had fried chicken for dinner..and we had a fair amount of leftovers. What to do with fried chicken? I remembered my sister-in- law S, making meatballs with chicken and pasta..
I first removed the bones, then shredded the fried chicken in a food processer. A dash of steak sauce, (yes!!crazy, isn't? worked out well though..) and other assorted ingredients , and my meatballs were ready. I think any type of chicken will work out nice for this..I did'nt add too many spices , etc, since the fried chicken already has a nice taste..if you're adding pieces from a chicken curry too , I think it wil be as nice. Take a look at the picture below, and you'll understand how tasty it was. I had served the meatballs onto a platter, and I had just gone to get the camera from my room. By the time I got back, half the balls were missing!!



CHICKEN MEATBALLS

Ingredients:

Chicken(cooked and shredded ) 2 cups
Pasta (macaroni is best) 1 cup
Steak sauce 2 tbsp
Pepper 2 tsp
Basil or parsley 1/2 tsp
Egg 1
Cheese, grated 1/2 cup
(mozzarella or cheese slice)
Fresh breadcrumbs 1 cup

Method:

1. Cook pasta and cool. Once cool, shred coarsely in a food processer.

2. Mix together all ingredients except bread crumbs.

3. Roll into small ping pong sixed balls.

4. Roll in bread crumbs till well coated, then deep fry in hot oil.

5. Serve hot .

No comments:

Post a Comment