MANGO MADNESS !!
It's the tail end of the mango season here in kerala...and mangoes are fast disappearing from the fruit stalls here....So , before we bid sweet adieu to the king of fruits....let's just do at least one dessert with it...
This one 's an easy dessert which , however, you make it, will never go wrong. It's foolproof!!!
And for mangolovers everywhere,(yours truly included!!)this is mango heaven!! Watch them coming back for seconds...and thirds...and...!!
Mangoes(ripe and firm) -4
Water -4 or 5 tbsp
Sugar -4 or 5 tbsp
Vanilla Icecream -500 ml
1. Chop 1 large mango finely, add sugar and water, and blend to a puree in a blender/mixie.
2. Pour puree in a saucepan and heat on a low flame for 5 to 10 minutes till it is a sauce.
3. Keep icecream out of the freezer for about 15 minutes, then spread the partially soft icecream in a shallow dessert dish.
4. Pour the hot sauce onto this in a circular motion.
5. Gently fold in with a fork, for a marble effect, then freeze for 1 hour.
6. Slice rest of mangoes(or chop them...as u like it!!).
7. Serve icecream with mango slices as a garnish.