CHANGE AGAIN..











Yet another change in the style of my blog..sorry for the frequent changes..The thing is...I was just not content with the earlier one...This one looks more neat..no?
Time drags when you're waiting for something eagerly..in my case, I'm waiting for school to reopen...the kids' school..i.e. I'm at my wit's end trying to find things for the kids to do.


If I hear one more "I'm booored.." ..I swear I'm going to scream!My kids are basically quite nice, with a little bit of naughtiness thrown in..(a spadeful, actually!)But..too much of a good thing is no good.. So here I stand..pulling my hair out,trying to keep my home clean and fresh, trying to be a sweet mom...(and failing!)planning sneaky ways on how to grab a moment's peace from the three mini tornadoes...Poor things, they're as fed up of me as I am of them. Good thing school reopens on June 1st, 2009.

They're all excited about their new stuff.New text books, all covered in fresh new brown paper,new pencils, new bags, new pencil boxes, new umbrellas..(it took them more than an hour to decide which ones to buy!)(Give me patience, Lord!)

Me too, I am so excited about their going to school...aaah..the peace and quiet!!



I was thinking of posting a recipe for a nice stir fry which I normally have with chapatis or parathas. Easy to make, light and nutricious, it looks great too.

VENDAKKA MASALA
a.k.a., OKRA MASALA

Ingredients

Lady finger 100 gms chopped finely
Shallots
or button onions 4 nos. chopped
Oil 2-3 tbsp
Chilli powder 1 tbsp
Salt 1/2 or 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 3 tsp
Curry leaves 1 stalk

Method

1. Heat oil in a pan, add shallots and okra.

2. Saute well on high flame for a minute, then add all the spices and curry leaves.

Saute again on high flame for another 2 minutes till

1 comment:

  1. hurray school is open..and nice new look, i liked the previous one also!!

    something to kill time :)

    ReplyDelete