HOME AGAIN....

Home again...it's so good to be back at my ancestral home...where so many wonderful childhood memories are ....Every corner I see has a story, every step has a memory etched in it..It's a huge vault, of my past ..

Umm...do I sound a bit too much...Yes?So Sorry, but wherever you go and build your own nest...however happy you are in that nest of yours, there truly is no place like home..So do forgive me for blathering on like the emotional fool I get to be when I come to my home...It's the little chicken coming to roost...(AAARGH!!will I never stop??)
Anyway, seriously, it's been great fun. The kids are having their vacations, my brother and his family are also here..so they are all on aroll...having a blast..
Also, We bought this Karaoke set the other day, so now we're all amatuer singers now..all singing lustily at the top of our voices...giving the neighbors no peace and quiet at all...We're having a jolly good time with friends and family dropping by to see our parents, now that they're back from their pilgrimage..reconnecting ,remembering combined memories...yes..it's fun..
Even though am having fun here..I really should not let my loyal readers down..so am going to post a recipe and run off again...

Is there any mallu who hasn't eaten
PAZHAM PORI ??This is one inevitable snack..famous too...wherever you go in malluland..you will see this innoccous looking snack being sold .


PAZHAM PORI
Ingredients




Bananas 2 Nos
Maida 1/4 cup
Egg 1
Rice flour 1/2 cup
Sugar 1/4 cup
Baking soda 1/2tsp
Salt a pinch
Water to make a loose paste
Coconut oil enough to deep fry







Method

1. Peel and cut the bananas into two sections, and then cut into thin slices lengthwise.

2. Mix the remaining ingredients together into a smooth batter, but not too watery.

3. Heat oil in a frying pan.

4. Take each banana slice and dip it in the batter, and fry on medium fire until they turn golden brown.

5.Keep on a paper towel to let the oil drain, and serve either hot or at room temperature.(I prefer it hot...love the crunchy taste outside,followed by the soft and ripe banana inside,...mmm..)


A note..
Remember to use very ripe bananas for this.
Some people add sesame seeds,some others add turmeric powder, apinch...personally, I never add them.

No comments:

Post a Comment