TO DIET OR NOT TO DIET..THAT IS THE QUESTION...




I had been going for yoga and off in the past two years, but last month I resumed yoga after a two month long break and decided I would go on a strict diet as well.
So there I was, guzzling carrot juice and tomato juice instead of tea, having oats for my breakfast, eating a light lunch, no snacks, no dinner, just juices,....along with a solid two hours of yoga...and was there any mistake in thinking that I'd lost weight?
Looking in the mirror, I thought I looked all slim and stylish.
After one month of being a good girl, I went to my ancestral home last week, only to hear everyone's comments of ..resh, you have put on weight, resh, you're fat...
boohooo.....is this the result of leading a disciplined diet and yoga??
Anyways , the minute I reached home, I decided that there will be no more dieting...just plain common sense..so I've been going for yoga everyday now, as well as cutting down on tea, cakes, fried stuff..now let's see what happens in a month's time..a month?I don't think that will be enough,make it a year...will be posting updates on my diet every now and then..
On the downside..the minute I reached home , first thing I reached out for , was a whole packet of MINI SNICKER BARS!!Aaah...that felt sinfully good!!!

This post being all about dietingf and not dieting, I thought I would post a recipe that is as sinfully delicious as the snicker bars I had...

DEVIL'S FOOD CAKE
Ingredients :
Maida 1 and 3/4 cup
Cocoa 1/4 cup
Milk 1 cup
Butter 1/2 cup
Eggs 2
Sugar 1 and 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence 1tsp
Soda bicarb 1 tsp


Method:

1. Beat together butter and 1/4 cup milk till it becomes a light and fluffy cream.

2. Add rest of ingredients, beating well in between.

3. Pour into a greased baking tray and bake till done . (approx. 30 minutes)

4. Leave to cool, then remove from tray.

5. Slit in half horizontally, and spread choclate fudge icing in between the two pieces.

6.Spread icing on top and serve.

Tip:
the cake is great even if you don't ice it!!

Choclate fudge Icing.

Ingredients:
* 5 oz of butter
* 5 oz of icing sugar, sifted
* 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
* 3 tablespoons of milk
Method:

1. Melt the butter in a pan.

2. Add the cocoa and up the heat, cooking it gently for a minute or so, then add the icing sugar.

3. Add the milk gradually and keep stirring until you have a glossy, smooth paste.

4. Allow it to cool, and then use half to sandwich your cake together, and half for the topping. It looks fabulous and tastes divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment