SWINGING IN THE MOONLIGHT.....
It was a full moon yesterday night.The rain had stopped for a few hours...the kids were asleep..all the work was over for the day...looking out my kitchen window, I could see the swings in the garden beckon invitingly...and , I walked out into my beautiful moonlit garden.
It was silent ,and calm, cool, fresh, and everything had a shiny luminescence in the moonlight. Have you ever gone swinging in the moonlight?
For just a few moments, you can break free of self consciousness, you can find the simple pleasure that seizes you, the sort of pleasure no one can take away from you. The pleasure of being a child again, when nobody's there to judge you, when there's no great compulsion to be adult until you step off that swing, the pleasure of letting the air sail past your face, and the pleasure of jumping off at the apex of the swing's arc.....For a moment, you feel the pleasure of swinging , and jumping in the moonlight..Aaah..what utter bliss..all of you...you should try it...it's an unforgettable event...the freedom of swinging in the moonlight by yourself...
Enough of my ramblings....what shall we make today?How about a spinach roulade?It's quite hard to make the first time...but you it gets easier each time you make it...it's a surefire hit at any party or gathering...and nutritious too!!
Ingredients:for the roll
Spinach(chopped, boiled) - 1cup
Egg(separated) - 4
Butter(melted) -1 tbsp
Cheese(grated) - 1 tbsp
Flour - 2 tbsp
Salt and pepper - to taste
1. Mix all ingredients except the egg whites.Beat well.
2. Whisk egg whites till stiff in another bowl.
3. Fold egg whites into this mixture gently.
Pour in a greased and lined swiss roll tin , and bake till done for about 15 minutes.
4. Invert the baked roulade onto another wax paper, and carefully remove the lining paper which will be on top now.
5. Spread filling on the roulade(not too thickly,else we won't be able to roll it up tightly)
6. Starting at one end,roll up firmly , raising the wax paper as a support.
7. Keep rolled for about 1 hour before serving.To serve, cut into thick slices and serve warm or cool, with tomato sauce.
Onions(chopped) - 2
Butter -2 tbsp
Paneer(chopped) -250 gms
Chilli Powder -1tsp
Garam masala -a pinch
Salt and pepper -to taste
Coriander leaves(chopped)/parsley- 1tsp
Saute onions in butter till goden brown . Add all other ingredients and saute till well blended and cooked.