That's what you say when you can't think of anything in particular.Living up o an original threat this time around...I seriously am in a mood to simply ramble around..
Hope you all won't mind and will hang in there with me.
the time is now 6.30 am ...early in the morning...not a sound to be heard...aaaahhhh...not exacly, I can hear the sounds of the birds waking up !!
Do you think they might be setting out to catch worms..?(as in..the early bird gets the worm)UUUgh...God knows how they eat them...worms must be soo tasteless!!
Talking about birds..The other day, I noticed that a pair of tiny sparrows were building a happy home in one of the hanging lamps in my car porch..what a beautiful sight it was..truly a wonder..how they know what stuff to use...which is the best place to hatch their eggs..how to make the nest comfortable..I sat for at least two hours..just watching them...Hopefully they'll lay eggs an we'll soon have the chirp chirp of little baby sparrows in my porch.AAAAWWWWW....I just can't wait!!
Shall I round off my rambling session for now?Why don't we move on to my spring rolls..??Yess..I made spring rolls yesterday!!Just to show you how to make it!!A word of warning ..when you are reading through this recipe..it might seemlike a load of effort for a snack...but you have my personal guarantee that once you make this one or two times..you will find that it is actually very easy to make!!It's a very light snack with a hint of seasoning....The recipe given below makes about 6 spring rolls, (or more, if your pancake is smaller)and you can cut it in two, diagonally,which makes for 12 servings.
For the pancake batter::
Maida (flour) -5 tbsp
Milk -200 ml
Water -100 ml
Soda bicarb -1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Spring onions -3 stalks chopped
Celery-1 stick chopped finely
Capsixum-1/2 cut in thin strips
Carrot-1 cut in thin strips
Cabbage-sliced finely 2 tbsp
Egg omlette-cut into thin strips from 1 egg
Soya sauce-2 tsp
Oil -2 tbsp
Beans?cooked chicken-3 pieces cut in thin strips
Breadcrumbs - for rolling spring rolls -2 cupd
Egg - beaten-to dip spring rolls in -1
Oil - to deep fry rolls - 2 cups
First of all , may I give you a tip?Make the filling first, then get the bread crumbs, beaten egg, and a chopping board all ready near the stovetop where you will be making the pancakes.As you make each pancake, tip it onto the board, pour the next pancake, cover and cook on low flame.while the next pancake is getting ready ,fill the first one, dip in egg, roll in breadcrumbs, and keep aside.By the time you have finished this, the next one will be ready..and so it should go on till you run out of batter. The reason behind this is that when the pancakes are hot, they will be more malleable and easy to roll..plus you won't need any binding agent to keep it closed.it will stick fast. once they have cooled, you could still do it, but the end product won't have that smooth a finish.
1. Put all ingredients in a blender and blend till it is a loose batter. Allow to stand for 20 minutes.
2. Heat a small pan,pour 2 tbsp of the batter, and swirl the pan to cover the base fully till it is a thin pancake.
3. Cover and cook on low flame for a minute.
4. -Open the pan, use a spatula to slowly ease out a little bit of the side of the pancake(I use my fingers..the pancake will have started becoming loose ).Blow gently on ithat corner,and upturn the pancake face down onto the chopping board. Why face down?Because that sde is stickier and so it will help when sealing.
5. Spoon a large tbsp of filling horizontally in the lowr botom section of the pancake.
6. Fold bottom of pancake over the filling and gently press down.
Fold in both sides of pancake and gently press again.
Roll spring roll up to the top end and press again.
7. Dip once in the beaten egg, then roll in bread crumbs.
8. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown in colour,drain and serve hot.
1. Saute all veggies in hot oil for a minute till soft.
2. Add rest of ingredients, and remove from fire.